View Single Post
      09-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #38
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

I know people get upset and worked up about TSB's and "in house" recalls.
But, to me, I think it's great that a manufacturer is concerned enough to redesign a problem part and then replace it before it fails and/or after.
Why should this be a problem or concern?
It's a good thing that they own up to it and want to fix it.

My taillights were fine up till the day I went in for my first oil service.
It looks like the right rear went out that very morning. I spotted it as they were pulling the car in. I guess it could have happened a few days before and I nor anyone else noticed it.

Anyway, the tech said that they will replace both assemblies when I come back for the seat belt recall. They had the parts in stock, but I had only budgeted enough time for the oil service.

The problem I have with the replacement is that the tech didn't take his time to do it right. The left rear assembly is sitting cockeyed with a big gap between the assembly and the fender. You can see it from behind cause the LED's form a straight line across the rear. On mine the left light is at an angle. I'll probably just straighten it out myself, but I feel like going back in and have the tech redo it, cause HE got paid to do it, I'm the one making the payments. Perhaps he should have to correct his shoddy workmanship.
Appreciate 0