Thread: sparoz 1M
View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #260
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Thanks everyone for their support and kind comments (including koastal's ). I deal with inflammation everyday, so this is not necessarily new .

In response to koastal, I actually think he has hit a very important point.

A car strictly modified for 'Go' will be stripped down, and modifications would be focusing on bang for buck mods, eg who needs an akra if you can just put in a straight pipe? A car modified for Show means that the parts will have little impact on performance of the car, like a repaint, a new style boot lid without consideration of its aero, or wheels that looks the bucks does not put any performance in the car.

I like to say mine would be both Show and Go. The end goal is to have a car that is of a quality that is better than OEM. I see this as a 1M improvement project rather than a modification project. The finished car would be something that is worthy to be a new model - something beyond ///M.

With work requiring plenty of my attention at the moment, I don't think I would be able to test out the parts till closer to the end of the year. Once we got some baselines, then I will have to see how close I can get after improving its suspension setup.
Appreciate 0