View Single Post
      05-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #16
JZWBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 135i

Not sure I agree with that too much, tires always help, I went a full 3 seconds faster with good rubber on my Saab 9k road race car. I know I was not perfect on my lines and all that, but I was just starting to feel the car out and was having fun with the RWD and the limits of traction with my 420whp :-)

I know there is some time to be made up with my lines, I can definitely work on that for sure, but I was just getting a feel for the car to see what the limits were and how the car felt on the track. That was the first 5 laps on the car with me as the new driver and I quickly found some limitations. I had bad under steer in the corners with the current front rubber and the brakes only lasted 12 minutes before complete loss do to the fluid boiling.

Once I can get some new racing fluid and better rubber on the front, I think I can drive long enough to get comfortable with the car on the track and start to work on my lines and being smooth and even some wheel technique.

I am not claiming it was perfectly smooth and textbook technique, just showing the first time out with my new RWD car with my new custom tuned software that makes a lot of power. I had a great time feeling the car out and learning the limitations of the stock set up. There was not much I could find on this kind of thing, so I thought I would post it up.

I will make some changes and make a new video with some technically correct lines and wheel work and compare lap times from these few runs to the new set up with a more textbook approach. I do think that working on my wheel technique will at the very least keep me from getting fatigued so quickly and that should help me to concentrate on my lines more and in the end, pick up some speed on the track. I thought the car was very fast and it sure seemed to impress quite a few people at the track, I just need to fine tune my technique and work more on my lines. I had planned on doing that after I got a good feel for the car, but the loss of brakes put an end to that quickly.

JZW
Appreciate 0