View Single Post
      06-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #61
135 Vert Brisbane
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 convertible

1 series convertible roof defect documentation

I know it has been a long time since there has been a post on this topic. I bought a 135 last year that came with the "Premium selection" warranty as it had only had 1 owner and always serviced and inspected by BMW.

My roof has the identical issue as many others here. This was not something that I noticed at the time of buying it, but noted to BMW on my first service after owning it (once I stumbled onto it on these forums) that it should have been identified as part of the pre-purchase inspection (or earlier) and rectified before it was even sold to me (as part of a service bulleting across all their cars).

Their response was that:
1. this was the first time they were aware of the issue
2. it is not a common problem
3. when presented with the US service bulletin that this was not applicable to Australia and could only affect US cars
4. there is no similar technical service bulletin for Australian cars

My car is out of the new car warranty, but still covered by a BMW "service warranty" (ie all parts and labour for any service related item) for another couple of months. I would really like to know whether anyone has seen (or preferably a copy) of an Australian equivalent of the US TSB for this fault. Alternatively is there any other documentation to show that BMW Aus replaced/repaired the roofs with this defect?

Much appreciated
Appreciate 0