View Single Post
      06-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #62
perth_vert
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1 Convertible

hi 135 Vert Brisbane,

My car was purchased 4 years old and same as yours purchased from the dealer with Premium selection warranty (the new car 3 year warranty would have expired)

I only noticed the hole after seeing this forum and would have never noticed until years later, when it was to late. It was so small that you could feel it easier that see it as the material hadn't holed more a dent with thin material.

I printed the TSB and gave that to them with the photos I had taken. BMW Australia contacted Germany and a new hood was delivered and installed 3 weeks later under warranty.

They fault is certainly world wide and it has been highlighted as a defect. I also looked at a 2009 135 E88 a few months before I got my E88 and I remember the guy said it had a new hood as there was a defect. Many Australian members on the forum had this as well.

Under Premium selection warranty the hood is not covered but this is a defect rather than a fault and I think the dealer mentioned as under 5 years old they would replace it as a detect. How old is your E88?

I would put everything in writing to the dealer and if no luck BMW Australia. If you know the person and approx date you brought it to their attention, I would document this to them as well.
Appreciate 0