Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
Sorry so many damn exhaust questions I just can't make up my mind wether or not I want to just get axle back or midpipes also..

What kind of gains would I get having a midpipe + axleback as apposed to just axleback? HELP ME DECIDE!

I only plan on doing exhaust/tune/intake to this car if that helps, what would you do if you were me with a 1k budget? exhaust wise going to hold off on tune till I can do more research.
you get most benefit for swapping out your DP's. But if that is not an option i would get axle back and midpipes. Maddad dyno'd i think 10-15hp increase with addition of their midpipes.

"Not just another "me too" midpipe for your BMW 135i. The MadDad midpipe is unique. While other midpipes delete lower factory cats just as the MadDad does for the added power, only MadDad replaces them with mini-resonators to take their place. These custom made mini-resonators look like metal substrate cats and they are positioned in the oem staggered layout of the factory catalytic conveters giving the MadDad midpipe an uncanny OEM type look. The MadDad midpipe uses . MadDad BMW products are designed to look and fit as if they were factory performance options. That means unpolished T304SS to emphasis the "non" tuner look. Mirror polished SS is always a dead give away that your running an aftermarket parts. Easy 15 min bolt-on application yielding 10-15lbs/10hp over a broad rpm range right up to redline. Dyno image shows honest bolt on gains comparing the factory midpipe to the MadDad with no other modifications, exact same dyno parameters, on the exact same car on the same morning(within 90 mins. of each other)."

http://www.daddysscp.com/product_p/md135mp.htm