View Single Post
      04-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Romak47 - you are not crazy for wanting to change out your fluids. I feel the samw way - that the best fluid is new fluid(s). That goes for oil, gear oil and trany oils.

I feel that BMW is a bit two faced on thier lifetime fluids. Why have lifetime fluids on some of thier cars... while the //M models have to have them changed out - just like in the old (BMW) days - when the customer had to pay for services!?!?!

Why does a 135i not need ANY diff or gearbox fluid changes - while a M car gets one at 1,200 miles and then every third (oil)service?

Why do US spec cars get brake fluid changes every TWO years... while German spec cars (where there is no free BMW services) have to change thier brake fluid every year!

I will be changing my 6MT trans fluid and diff oil shortly. I already bought the correct oil from my BMW Zentrum. I know I am not nuts - I just want my car to last a very long time. I think most people only keep a car for a few years... and BMW isn't that concerned about a few trans/engines/diff failing.

Dackel
Appreciate 0