View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
EFI Logics
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 135i, 08 535Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Nice writeup! I think I'm gonna go with the Ferodos based on this review and on your recommendation from your PM a little while ago. This coming week I'll order my stuff and call EFI to hook up an appointment, hopefully for the following week. Even if the Ferodo pads squeak eventually, I can live with it. I just don't want MORE dust. How is the initial bite on them compared to OEM? I know you said it's smooth, but I've heard the cool carbons don't hit very hard at all at first, and I kind of like having the moderate amount of bite of the OEM pads at first. Makes it feel more confident, even if I have to be careful not to be jerky in every day driving.

How was the install on the powerflex inserts? I've been holding off on doing M3 subframe bushings in the back for a long time now, because I've always heard that it's a pain even just to install those because you gotta drop the whole subframe. Is it the same for those bushings? Obviously I'm interested in you guys doing the install if I'm gonna be up there anyway, but I don't know whether to get the powerflex stuff if the install time/cost isn't bad, or if I should go by my original plan, which was to wait until I save up for an LSD and rear sway bar as well so that I don't have to spend a lot on labor twice just to access the rear...
The Ferodo pads aren't as "grabby" feeling as the OEM pads, but that doesn't mean they feel like you're stepping on a sponge. They require a little more pedal effort at first. In my opinion, well worth the trade off in order to get some aggressive stopping power.

The Powerflex inserts aren't in just yet. I will be putting them in next week sometime, but they are a bit easier to install than the M3 replacements. Give us a call if you would like a quote. I would recommend doing the LSD, sway and subframe all at once because it will definitely save on labor and having to realign the rear end. If you look under the rear you will see a lot needs to happen to get everything installed and dialed in.

-Josh
Appreciate 0