View Single Post
      02-23-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

^^^^

Everything I've read from BMW Canada clearly shows that they care less about the issue. Despite the recent surge in concern about the price difference, BWM Canada know that only a relatively small amount of their customer are concerned about the issue.

Let's be honest, most manufacturers know that the majority of Canadians are not going to go to the trouble of importing a car. I would suggest that this applies to BMW buyers especially. From my observation, most BMW customers are not the "penny pinching" type nor are they really car enthusiast out for a good bargain. Instead, they are customers that are use to convenience and getting what they want when they want it. Please don't think that I'm saying this is a negative thing, most people buying any luxury goods are like this. In fact, I would suggest that some of the appeal of buying luxury goods is that you can have it when you want it.

I guess, what I'm trying to get to is, until the majority of the buyers stop buying cars in Canada pricing won't change. I'm not supporting them, but honestly if you could make 12000 more on each 135i wouldn't you?
Appreciate 0