View Single Post
      02-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #11
linus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335xi, 08 E92 335i

Here's what I wrote to someone back when the interview was conducted in response to a suggestion that we email Duffield regarding our dissatisfaction (on bimmerfest):

We should all do that. And better yet, buy your next vehicle from the US and bring it up here. The Cdn dealer group is providing misleading economics on the value of bringing in a US purchased BMW into Canada. Duffield made it seem like there was little to no value in buying from the US. What a bunch of baloney. His answers to questions in an interview with one of our local papers (website) were almost condescending. "I hear you got snow in Calgary. It's a great time to buy a xdrive BMW." Piss off, the guy asking the question more than likely already bought his f*(&ing vehicle in Canada and wanted a straight answer as to whether the rebates introduced will apply to 07 vehicles purchased earlier this year. Duffield answered by saying "check with your dealership". What a disgusting politician.

My next BMW will be purchased from the US. I can't stand the way that the Canadian dealership group is screwing Canadians by deceiving and fearmongering.
Appreciate 0