11-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Thank you nikijack for telling me your experience with Amsoil. I understand how the LL system for BMW works, but with BMWs less frequent maintenance intervals, especially on a turbo engine that has poor heat management after a few spirited runs, changing my oil often might not hurt in the long term. I am not making the switch to a non-LL oil anytime soon, but I plan too once I do some non-warranty friendly mods. I haven't used Motul, but from what I have seen from oil analysis results it seems superior to other oils. Maybe I should do the same with the oil in my car and see how things pan out. I have heard nothing but good things from those who have used Amsoil though. For future reference this thread is about those who have used oils similar to Motul, Amsoil, Redline, or Euro Castrol. So if anyone has used the former mentioned oils in either 5W-20, 5W-30, and 5W-40 I would like to hear about your experience with that particular oil compared to what comes with the car from the factory.