12-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #431
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
For the people who are dissapointed or hung up on the HP numbers of the M-tuned N54... I think you need to look back at what BMW did when they brought out the 335i in 2007. At that time BMW was still trying to sell (unload) the last of the e46 M3's. The last thing they needed was to tell everyone the new middle model of the 3er had almost as much HP and way more torque than the crown jewel - aka M3. So... BMW underated the 335i engine. 300 HP but it was more like 330 HP. The e46 M3 was 333 HP.

So... now we have this new 1M// 340 PS. BMW again finds itself in the uncomfortable position of having a M3 sibling with simular HP level. IF you were BMW what would you do/say? Do you really think the 1M// only has 340 PS ??? What about the overboost?

I think... the 1M// has more HP than BMW wants to admit too right now. Only time will tell. And of course... the car track tests.

WHY would BMW upgrade the flywheel and clutch? I Know lots of German tuners have told me that the 135i's standard clutch can only take up too 500 Nm. Same goes for the 135i's 6MT tranny. The 1M// is suppose to have 450 NM +50Nm with over boost. Do you really think that is all the power it has? Officially or not. I guess we all will have to wait to see.

I did come across this interesting power chart of the 1M//....

I believe in the new 1M//... but what I believe is... that we have not been told the total truth when it comes to 1M vs the M3. In time we shall see.

Dackel

that may be, but the 13.2 second quarter mile time doesn't lie about the 335 hp figure
Appreciate 0