View Single Post
      08-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #29
tglazed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I had an 08 135i N54 6 speed and now have a 135i N55 DCT. I love flipping through gears without a doubt but I do miss being able to rev it up and drop the clutch (I know very childish). It also took me a bit to get use to the DCT but what I have found is it was much easier to get the back end out in the 6 speed then the DCT. A couple negative things that I ABSOLUTELY HATE about the DCT are; It shifts for you automatically right at redline, It sometimes does things when you don't want it to (rare occasion), and when in traffic the throttle is well... very weird and delayed. I am not sure if this is because I have not got the update for the transmission that I keep reading and hearing about or what. (bought the car about 2 months ago so I am unsure if this car has it yet). Anyways figured I would post my review of the 2 transmissions side by side. If I had the choice, I would probably of gone with the 6 speed in the end. It is worth the annoyance of having to shift in traffic and the 6 speed on the BMW feels very good. Take it for what it is worth.
Appreciate 0