View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Above I noted:

"I do have a cosmetic issue. I noticed that the distance between both pipes on the driver's side is a few millimeter smaller than the distance between both pipes on the passenger's side. The difference is visually noticeable. First I thought this was related to the positioning of the tailpipes. So looked into that option. However, fine-tuning the tailpipes appeared to be to no avail: the root cause appears to be imperfect welding of the exhaust itself, where tailpipes are attached to (the distance between the exhaust pipes [to be distinguished from the tail pipes] appear not to be exactly the same on either side, and tailpipes cannot correct this welding difference). Tweaking the titanium exhaust pipes seems mission impossible and not recommended. Actually, nothing I can do about except for requesting Akra to get me a perfectly aligned exhaust. I think that's not normal so maybe I will contact Akra HQ about it."

Below are some pictures taken earlier today to show what I mean. Just to stand clear: the tail pipes are well-aligned when looked upon from above - camera angles can be deceiving - in real life they are okay. The issue is the distance between the tailpipes: the "gap" appears to be a few millimeter different when comparing driver's side with passenger's side.

Any thoughts or suggestions ?

Name:  Akra_Left_02.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  20.9 KBName:  Akra_Right_02.jpg
Views: 1169
Size:  20.9 KB
Name:  Akra_Left_01.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  22.3 KBName:  Akra_Right_01.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  21.0 KB
Name:  Akra_Left_03.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  26.1 KBName:  Akra_Right_03.jpg
Views: 1214
Size:  23.7 KB
Name:  Akra_Left_04.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  25.5 KBName:  Akra_Right_04.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  24.6 KB

After almost a month of use: the natural elements are merciless. The Akra is getting a touch of ...well uh... Valencia Orange.

Name:  Akra_After_Month_01.jpg
Views: 1331
Size:  27.8 KBName:  Akra_After_Month_02.jpg
Views: 1357
Size:  21.9 KB