06-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #7
INDPNDT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport, BSM/Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatron View Post
couldn't think of a nick so pulled one from my younger years!

There's no two ways about it, but yes, M3 rear subframe bushings is definitely going to happen. Out of all the M3 suspension components, I know this is definitely the one to get. But I don't really hear much about the other stuff - even with sway bars - there is controversy as to whether it accentuates the understeer property of our cars, or actually improves it, but only at the limit. I'm as yet undecided about the sway bars.

So Harold actually places lower camber links above upper arms? Hmm... If only there was a thread that explains what all the components do, that would be gold. Of course they all reduce deflections, but how? Or maybe I'm not using enough?

But thanks for your reply - I'm just looking for an answer now to if I did do the camber links, whether I need to swap out my rear KW clubsport coilovers for some 1M/M3 ones...
I know for sure the rear camber links on the 1/M3 are different than the 135 and require different shock design for the rears. I dont know the technical name for the difference but basically the 135 rear shock bottom doesn't have a bolt pass through, and the 1/M3 does.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0