View Single Post
      06-23-2007, 05:38 PM   #1
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Who has actually driven a car with a N54

Who on here has driven a 335i?

I did BMW's X5 autocross event today. There was a 335i for me to test drive as I waited. It was the first time I have ever driven a N54 car. This car is FAST. Period. There is no dispute. I was in the car with my Mother-> 125lbs and Brother -->160lbs and myself 160lbs.

This vehicle is amazing. If i needed a sedan. This would be it hands down. The handling was superb. I see why all there is so much praise and desire for the vehicle. All I can think of is the 1 series with this motor in it. Throttle response was amazing. The car was so SOLID. No rattles or wiggling of the wheels. Absolutely amazing.

I know that many of you prefer the 260hp NA 3.0 liter for reasons such as cheaper price, less nose heavy(the car is going to have 50/50 weight balance anyways so who gives a sh*t.) etc...

I am NOT worried about a 135i being slightly detuned. In my honest opinion it needs to be slightly detuned. A car 300lbs lighter with the IDENTICAL motor would be way to much.(many of us agree that the car is underrated at 300hp anyways)

So here comes the question. Who has ever driven a 3/5series with the N54 motor in it. I want to hear from all of you.