12-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Knot View Post
I had my 135i in for occasional non-working audio system and occasional long crank times. I also got the software update and the car runs even better than before. But what is most amazing is that the oil temperature is now 10 to 15 degress lower than before. I have posted several times on Bimmerpost and BMW CCA to see if anyone knows what the software update does, but no replies to date. I'm glad you are as pleased with the results as I am.
If you have a performance exhaust apparently there is a slightly special version of the software that gives you an extra 10-15 HP. A guy on E90 post confirmed this with a dyno run, the car with a performance exhaust (stock otherwise) was reaching 335 HP and 330 lb/ft is I remember correctly.

And the cooling thing, I took a 500 mile road trip, all steady 60-75 MPH cruising and the car didnt get above 220 F

And I had a similar issue that you did OP. My car always took 4-5 seconds to crank in the winter and I have stalled many times. Thank you awesome for the software update BMW, unlike Vista Service Pack 2... it gave me the Blue Screen of Death a mere 3 hours after I had configuered the update

Appreciate 0