View Single Post
      04-04-2017, 11:18 PM   #11
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassoman55 View Post
iv'e bought quite a few totaled 1M's from both IAAI and Copart....
I would personally stay away from this one. Looks are deceiving....it doesn't look bad in the pictures but its got all the signs of a car thats been set up or "prepped"....
The best advice if your in the market to buy a salvage vehicle is to make sure that an insurance company is selling the car and not a private dealer.......in this case a dealer bought the car from an insurance company at an auction in Ohio, made some quick and cheap repairs to it to make it look like "less" of a total loss and is now trying to sell the car in Massachusetts....when your buying a car at one of these auctions your buying the car in as is condition with no guarantee at all as to what condition the car will be in when it arrives to you..usually the damage is worse than it appears in the pictures and the car has been bubble gummed together....look how perfect the front bumper looks in the picture but yet its hanging off the car, pulled away from the fenders, but the fenders are un damaged....Thats almost a guarantee that the front of this car has more damage than the pictures are showing...the previous owner bought a new bumper and hung it on the car to mask the full extent of the repairs needed to make the car roadworthy again...
i know of a lot of people that have got burned buying "preppers".....
if the seller is an insurance company though you can avoid getting stuck with a real piece of crap...those cars go straight from the body shop to the salvage yard...usually no monkey business involved....
just my 2 cents... sorry if i offended anyone....
That makes total sense
Appreciate 0