View Single Post
      06-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

I loved my R56 MINI, save the torque steer. Someday, I hope MINI does a 4x4 coupe with rear drive bias and no torque steer at all.

Meanwhile, why not sell the Subaru and get a new 2013 M Sport 135i convertible? You'd have the ride and style of the 128i, the speed of an old M3 and the option for an open roof. Having the convertible is awesome, there is always a gorgeous evening when you can drive with the top down.

As for the JCW, talk with folks on NAM and MINI2 in the UK. Maybe there is a new style differential that can be installed that works better. BMW tuned the JCW with an electronic diff, and I have not driven one recently. My R56 was a handful when you got into over boost, the one thing that really bugged me. Everything else was great, the style, super fuel economy, parking in tiny spots (I REALLY miss that in DC!!) and of course, BMW safety features. (I have been to the MINI factory, these little cars are built like tanks)

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide. I like your JCW, looks great, and glad the wife was ok, the 128i did its job well!
Appreciate 0