05-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
css008
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
The car is meant to be driven, I understand you want to preserve it for your children but instead why not go on trips in it with them, take pictures, make memories. Then when your kids are old enough to appreciate it they will have many stories to say "this is the car where my dad and I did......" rather than "This is the car that sat in the garage doing nothing through my childhood. My dad tried to "save" a car for my sister and I from when she was born, a brand new 1987 S class. He babied the car and only drove it 70k miles in about 18 years. While I know it wasn't anywhere near as special of a car, it was the nicest car my dad had bought to date and was very proud to buy a $50k car in cash and wanted to save it. We sold the car years ago and it meant nothing honestly, the best parts were the few funny stories we have in the car. Like when my dad tried to change my sister's diaper in the back seat in the rain. Needless to say he got soaking wet and it was hilarious. Then he was like "That's it! I'm getting a mini van", it was hilarious.
Absolutely agree w/ carchrism5. Moreover, technology is increasing so rapidly in cars, the 1M is going to be ancient in 16 years, who knows if they'll even want it? Stop thinking about it and go drive your car!
Appreciate 0