04-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I had the tune for a bit, so let me chime in.

There are a total of 6 maps under the AP:

1. Simulated stock
2. Valet
3a. 91 Octane Linear Throttle
3b. 91 Octane Aggressive Throttle
4a. 93 Octane Linear Throttle
4b. 93 Octane Aggressive Throttle

Linear throttle 'disables' the M button, meaning there is no difference if you depress it or not. Under Aggressive you still retain the functionality, so chances are v1k0d3n you are using a linear throttle maps hence why you are not seeing the M button difference.

I was told by the developers it is not as easy to incorporate the M mode in the Linear throttle modes, but Cobb is allegedly working on it and it will be available in subsequent versions. This after this is still a beta, has been since...Xmas of last yr.
I was at a car show a few weeks ago and spoke with some of the Austin Cobb guys. They have the M button figured it out. On some of their beginning tunes, they switched the M button on all the time (rendering the button on the wheel useless). They have now figured the programming out for this and now the M button works as it did originally from the factory.

As far as the reasoning why it was switched on...they simply thought people would want it on all the time ( many drivers push it every time they get in the car). When they realized it was something that some people still want to turn on and off... then they set about figuring out. It seemed like it was not easy and did take them a while..
Appreciate 0