08-21-2007, 12:14 PM   #24
Vornado
A swell fellow
United_States
Rep
Drives: Hot air balloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
Vornado, by god, I'm proud of you! And I'm not joking either. You have apparently accomplished a considerable amount at your youthful age. You already seem to be mature beyond your actual years, so you may want to consider forgiving your parents their faults if you haven't already.
Hey thanks. I don't really have any hard feelings towards them. Sometimes I'm actually glad they were cheap, makes me appreciate things I have to work for. You'll never hear that come from 18 year old whose parents bought him a brand spanking new 3-series for a first car. Not that thats necessarily always a bad thing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetter2 View Post
What is it you do again?

I think its sad you and your parents are competing...but then again my parents are Millionaires....
And dad drives a kia rio.

And since when did $35k become a cheap car? Insurance on that M'fer is going to deter alot..were talking waltz in, put $5k down, finance the rest...looking at $500/mo(at 0%) on a 5 year note, plus the insurance.

Looking at almost $1k a month for a car and insurance.

I can quite readily afford it but jesus-H-Christ, thats not chump change by anyones standards.

Aside from that, I live a very affluent lifestyle..really don't wanna start cutting back on anything just so I can have a new car.

Seriously looking at a nice E36/46. I'm 21, this isn't my last car, if I can tough it out another few years and let my driving record calm down, then I'm sure something newer, faster and nicer looking will come out.
I'm an engineer technician and my wife is a fitness trainer. Actually I've never bought a new car before, and you're right - $35-38k isnt cheap, but I want to have something fun for a few years before I start having kids and I figure any car will be cheaper than those lil buggers. I figure it's a worthy sacrifice..
Appreciate 0