View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
marsgirl73
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BSM 6-speed 128i

Negotiation question...

When my 128 was a week away from delivery, I got a brochure from the accessories manager from my dealership, and I decided to add snow chains, Sirius, and floor mats. I was told that the chains were on back order but that I could pick them up in a week or so. (No biggie on that since we just got out of a 100 degree plus heat wave and I didn't really need them.)

When we arrived last Thursday to pick up the car, our CA informed us that the Sirius was back ordered and hadn't been installed...she gave us a "we owe" sheet detailing that we paid for the Sirius but it wasn't in the car yet. She said she'd call us "either tomorrow (last Friday) or early next week to arrange for the install."

As of today, I still haven't heard anything. Granted, I haven't called, either, but about the only good experience I've had with this dealership has been my CA. Since it's the only dealership in the area, they are fairly notorious for not cutting deals, and I'll be honest and say I'm not the best negotiator when it comes to cars. I guess my question is this...should I wait it out and call at the beginning of next week (my CA doesn't work on Thursdays), or should I wait for them to call me and then demand-- something, anything-- for my inconvenience? If I do that, what should I ask for?

Oh, and still no word on the snow chains, either.
Appreciate 0