fax: +49(0)711-17 30 400

Or by e-mail:
classic@daimler.com

Opening hours:
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesdays to Sundays
Closed on Mondays

Day ticket = eight euros

http://www.mercedes-benz-classic.com/content/classic/mpc/mpc_classic_website/en/mpc_home/mbc/home/museum/overview_museum.html

The Mercedes-Benz Museum is one of those MUST SEE places. It is one of the crown jewels of automuseums in Germany. Although I am really not a MB guy… I am always amazed on the diversity of vehicles that MB produces. The museum literally has, planes, cars, trucks, busses, racecars and (1)motorcycle! The new museum was opened in 2006. These pictures were taken just two months after the opening. I really ought to go back for a new visit.

The new museum is located not really in Stuttgart but rather in Untertürkheim – a suburb of Stuttgart. The museum is just down the street from the Porsche Messe and the MB Stadium (soccer stadium) and the (http://www.wilhelma.de/ ) zoo in Bad Cannstadt. Back in the old days – you had to take a special bus into the MB factory gates/compound. Now, MB has built a museum just outside the factory gates. No more prying eyes into the factory. It was always cool to spot a prototype driving around the compound. Well… now you just have to look harder for one.

One thing that sets the Mercedes-Benz Museum apart is that not only do they have a first class museum. But they also have their new car delivery pickup next to the museum AND they have one heck of a used car showroom for all the executive demos for sale there too.

Btw… MB also has another used car hall that holds over 4K cars under one roof, on the B14, just down the street from Kelly Barracks.

Inside the MB Museum it has a very cutting edge feel to it. Straight out of set of iRobot. From the bullet elevators to the bare concrete walls – it has a future “feel” to the museum.

Onto my photos…

Enjoy,
Dackel

MB Museum…

New car delivery…

Inside the museum…

Bullet elevators…

I liked that MB chose not to hide their past achievements…

This tranporter was recreated by hand, only from drawings and some diagrams. What a job they did!

A slightly newer MB car carrier…

Jurassic Park

Pope mobile…

Prototype display…

And to end on a high note…

End.
Appreciate 0