01-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #138
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Guys... BrokenVert and BimmerEngineer said awhile back that BMW AG now has anti-tuner software in thier GT1(and hence in our car's DME when we get an update). When you go in for service BMW can now detect MODs done to the engine DME. I did not believe that at first... but I was talking to my German dealer and he confirmed this to me. I did not even bring teh subject up... he was telling me about it! He said as soon as the car is scan'd for faults... the GT1 also checks the car's SW(and boost levels) for mods. IF something is detected, the car's VIN is flagged to BMW AG. No more warranty. I don't know all the specifics but it looks like this is very real.

They were right and I was wrong. I think this is very bad news for us MOD people.

Does that mean there's nothing we can do to "clear" some of the fault codes that the GT1 detects before a dealer visit? Say with a BT Tool or something?
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0