11-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #6
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsity View Post
I

Lester: I didn't witness the actual hit. But yes, the softball came from an organized league at a public park (Brian Piccolo in Broward), and the park manager said that he'd file a claim and the county would pay the repair. But when I called the county's risk management department, the guy there said that the county isn't responsible. Lots of runaround from local bureaucracy.
It looks like a good repair. No one is ever going to notice, except you.

Here, organized softball leagues are responsible to obtain proof of insurance certificates before the city issues the league playing permits. However, the insurance only covers car damage to cars that are driving by the park.

If you are parked nearby, then it is up to the league to pay the damages out of their own pockets, for car or home damage. We used to warn anyone about to park their car within foul ball territory not to park there, unless they understood it was at their own risk. I used to be involved in organized softball, and our league budgeted $1,000 per year for insurance and glass damage claims.

Those days are long over for me, I played fastball twice per week for 28 years. But after awhile, the chronic hamstring and knee problems began to affect golf and tennis, so I packed it in.
Appreciate 0