techthentic
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i, 370z

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
Underwhelming is an understatement. So basically it's just a 135i that costs 9 grand more. What a joke. Why anyone would get the M1 over a 335i (now that they're priced about the same) is beyond me.
I can think of a few reasons:
1. Because it will be faster - significantly more so on a racetrack. And since this is the intended audience of the car, it's the most important one.

2. Because it will drive better - significantly better - than either the 135i or 335i. Same idea - perfect match for the target audience.

3. Because it will be rarer - much rarer. This car will keep its value very well, probably better than any current BMW. So even over 4-5 years, it will be better value than either a 135i or 335i.

I don't think your comment is stupid at all - it just means you're not in the target audience, which is perfectly ok. BMW hopes to sell a few thousand of these, which is correctly sized for the market.
This is NOT a 135is because of the very SIMPLE fact that it carries a much more sophisticated and VASTLY superior suspension/chassis set up.

You can complain, "omg its too slow a M car for me"
but you people need to stop saying "its a 135 with performance package" or "why not 135is"
your stupidity pains me, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
ALL M cars have had varying levels of output, but they've all had ONE thing in common. M-derived suspension/chassis, namely a LSD which is exclusive to M cars.

Don't have a M LSD or Differential? Not a M.
Have one? M
Appreciate 0