Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
OEM Part #: 63212225282 (Xenon version of the taillights) ARE 100% PnP with any 1 series car (128 or 135) in production in the world! Please see note about the Halogen set below though... THE HARNESS IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THESE TO WORK.

The Halogen (cheaper ones) DO NOT work on halogen equipped cars 2008-2011 and cause the parking/running lights to not work

Quote:
FINAL UPDATE 5/7.. The roadblock with BMWNA isn't going to get resolved (they are not going to allow the lights to come over to the US) thus bringing this Group Buy to a close...

Please don't hesitate to order a set though from S....mann. ** aware that bmwpartsonlineUK has been removed because of issues some members recieved when doing business with this company. Not only is customer support cut off after payment, lead time and emails are not existent and leave you wondering where your parts are!**

A couple of us have ordered a set and are waiting anxiously for them. The price difference is not much more expensive so just order while you still can!!!!

Again sorry that this couldn't pull through... It was a great effort nevertheless! Continue to use this thread as an endless resource for the lights!
Quote:
UPDATE 4/28

Since many of you are anxious about getting these I am going to let you decide what you want to do. I have no control, nor do I want to waste your time waiting around for a group buy that may/may not happen. I have been in talks with Chris, but so far no more information has popped up. Basically leaving us waiting for an answer from BMWNA.

Here is the list of places that actually sell these to the US... **Note that some may have lead times, be back-ordered, or not in stock for awhile.

As promised I will give you guys the links to order if you DO NOT want to wait and see how the group buy turns out. Remember that these links are slightly more expensive than the stated price of the group buy. (~$400USD+ shipped) compared to the group buy of (~$320-$365 shipped)

Schmiedmann - http://www.schmiedmann.com/1_series/...e2.htm#1944982 ($321.76 + shipping) - Abroad

UPDATE 4/22
Quote:
Oreo who has a US spec 2009 installed a set of blackline LCI tails this week and it was 100% PnP with his setup. No need for the harness/module. So we can ASSUME that it should work like the previous LCI tails on both xenon/halogen cars that have LED taillights! - http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680025

Chris is still trying to figure stuff out with BMWNA. Not sure of the current status. In the case that the group buy falls through I have a plan B. A vendor on the forum gave me a link to purchase the lights so I will post it up here as last resort as well as other resources to order them (they just won't be this cheap).
UPDATE 4/19
Quote:
Hold up is DOT related. BMWNA flagged Chris's order because of the large quantity ordered from Europe...
UPDATE 4/18
Quote:
Chris has currently hit a holdup. Will update later.
UPDATE 4/16
Quote:
We are going with DTMrack.com as our vendor. There were multiple vendors on the forum I emailed and they were the only ones who could accommodate our request. Chris has been very helpful in getting information across to me and has given me some information for you guys ---

1) We will be getting the Xenon version of the blackline taillights --- no harness, no module, just the taillights *buy at your own risk* since we still have no verification that these will be PnP - but if the recently released LCI taillights back in December worked 100% on both 128/135 NA E82 spec models then these SHOULD work.

As per Chris here is what he found out about the lights -- this kit will only work for models that already have Xenon Light and Adaptive Headlight options (522A and 524A) already on the vehicle. Again I believe all these requirements were on the previous LCI lights, but worked anyway.

2) Chris has stated that he can do $305 USD plus paypal and shipping. (Those prices will come later today but as per Chris he doesn't think it should exceed $40-50 maximum for our Australia friends. Maybe $15-20 for US.

3) Chris CAN source +40 units and have them in 3-4 weeks ready to ship out. (If you are outside the 40 range please don't worry as he can have more available if the group buy goes smoothly and people pay on time, etc..)

4) Chris CAN open GB right away (more information to come)

Hope this helps everyone I will be updating this today so check back often for more updates and look for the official group buy thread.

UPDATE 4/13
Quote:
We have more details about pricing, but will release once I hear back from the last vendor. Stay tuned. Monday should be the day.
UPDATE 4/12
Quote:
Good NEWS! we have one vendor that has verified he can get the taillights and have "40" ready to ship out in 3-4 weeks. If you were not part of the original "40" then you will have to wait, or if someone ends up dropping out you will move into their slot and take that position. Lead time on the second shipment is still TBD.

I am still waiting on a few more emails then will decide with whom to go with. All vendors have been extremely helpful by the way!
Verified working on all models up to '11 with Xenon/Halogen front lights

OEM Part #'s: 63212225282 (Xenon version of the taillights) <--- get these ONLY the cheaper ones are the "phony" looking halogen lights.

Original Thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668464
Picture Thread 1: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=646695&page=2
Attached Images

Last edited by Satalite; 10-08-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0