View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
capri
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I was in a car hunt since early this year starting w. the Mini Cooper S (both R53 and R56 version). Great styling, love the looks but after reading the numerous issues on the forum, i decided to let it go & not buy one. My wife never warmed up to it either.
Next came the STI- this car scared the pants out of me but after a few weekends with my friends STI- i began appreciating what this car can do.. awesome power, great handling but the fuel economy really sucks.
Then came the BMW 320ds, tried it for a weekend, loved it but lacked the power of the STI.
Then the Porsche choices came in, i tried the 964s, the 997s and the Cayman S. Loved the 997 but the IMS issue scared me alot. Too risky especially when the car was 2005 model and the warranty expired already. Loved the handling, the sound the solidiity. But the certain risk made me think twice.
The Cayman S was also a great and nice looking car but was disappointed in the short test drive i made. Felt a bit sluggish but it was a tiptronic model. Might be different if it was manual.
Bumped to an old friend and suggested, if you are looking for a Porsche, why not consider a 135i.
Luckily the dealer had one on stock. Wow, it felt great. Better than the Cayman s or the mini copper. The power isn't as powerful feeling as the STI but its better balanced and i feel it can be used more as a DD.
While i would love to own a porsche, this 135 made me think twice about getting the Porsche. In short, I'm now seriously considering just getting the 135 and have fun with it. The Porsche 997will have to wait a while longer.
Besides, it would be harder for me to use the 997 as a dd as it attracts too much attention in the place were I work.
Appreciate 0