09-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Scott B
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
that's a solid time! nice job! laguna seca is on my bucket list. hopefully I'll visit one of my friends in the bay area soon but won't be able to do it with my car have to get a rental or a loaner. I've had nothing but good experience with the brakes also but not everyone shares our sentiment. I use to run the Ferodo pads last year. they are great pads. how you liking the R888? what size are you running? I am running the RA1's. very sticky but hard to find the size I want
Thanks! Let me know if you decide on a rental, our local Lotus shop has some great cars available.

R888's are as follows:
255/35/18 (rear)
225/40/18 (front)

I used R888's on my Lotus and they performed great, so decided to throw a set on this car. On the track they perform as expected -- sticky and predictable. On the street my only complaint is that they're pretty loud. I think it's mostly the rears, but there's quite a bit of road noise which is most apparent at low speed. These tires are my dedicated set for the track, so this is a non-issue for me. RFTs go right back on when the car transforms back into a daily driver.

The pads are still pretty noisy for my taste (I prefer silence, if you couldn't tell), so the stockers may go back on soon too.
Appreciate 0