View Single Post
      01-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #95
Night1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali@Jlevi SW View Post
I'm glad to hear they finally figured out the issue. I bet you're stoked to get the 1er back.

This reminds me of that time I thought my PC was dead and after replacing 2 power supplies and a motherboard I realized the power strip was unplugged from the wall. Sometimes the most obvious culprit is the most over looked.
I have mixed feelings right now. On one hand, I can't wait to get it back, on the other I'm worried that other things will start failing on the car as well.

Pretty funny about the computer though!! :biggrin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyek View Post
I say good luck just telling them to keep the car and expect to get a new one... its not a lemon if one thing goes bad and people dont diagnose it right away.
We'll see how this goes. It might be ready for pickup this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdanomite View Post
wow...just wow.

i guess i can't speak for every tech out there. what dealership is this? i must find out who worked on this car.
I don't know if I want to sell out the dealership just yet. Let me see how they treat this problem first....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post
Congrats on finally figured out what's wrong with your car. Hope you get something out of it.

This is exactly the reason why when I've a problem, I post it on the internet for help before I go to the dealership. Who knows how long it'll take them to figure it out!
I hear ya, I just wished they would've listened to all of you in the first place!! That's the problem. They don't trust the customer, and they're bound to follow the long and ridiculous protocol so they will get reimbursed by BMW.

Thanks again to all for the responses, btw. It was nice having everyone here, especially while the dealership was taking forever and was so noresponsive. I definitely couldn't have survived this long without my friends on the board!! :headbang:
Appreciate 0