United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is Convertible

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Enjoy your new ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eywflyer View Post
I ordered a 135is (DSB, black leather/blue stitch, premium, HK sound, 6MT, but no tech). MSRP $48620, Truecar invoice $45355, Truecar average paid $46758. The agreed price was $47150 plus taxes/fees which brings the total to $51K and change. I am getting $750 loyalty rebate from there. I'm sure I'm paying a bit more than I should be but feel ok about it. This was going to just one dealer, with them accepting my initial offer (I knew at that point I should have offered less).

Next time around I'll do more online research up front and get quotes from various dealers via email etc. This order was somewhat unexpected as I thought I'd be able to get my current car fixed at a BMW shop in Miami, but it turned out that the repairs were going to cost about as much as the car is worth so I decided to drive on up to Fort Lauderdale that day and order a new one instead. My current car has intermittent low oil pressure and not sure how much longer it will last so wanted to go ahead and get a new one ordered quick.
Doesn't sound like a bad deal, so nothing to beat yourself up about! A local dealer offered me about the same below sticker, and from there I could have applied a USAA discount whereas you got the loyalty discount. While money is money...someone ALWAYS seems to get a better deal and at the end of the day a couple hundred dollars or even a grand may not be worth it if the buying experience was poor or you spent an inordinate amount of your time to get the incremental savings.

Please post pictures to the "135is Owners Show Us Your Cars" thread when you get your ride!
Appreciate 0