08-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #31
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
HPA and others sell Slek so it must be ok. What I have learnt from this experience is don't buy direct from a manufacturer who lacks customer service and support.... no major player re-sells Alpha-N.... obviously for a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Do you have any of their parts? Well there are basic 101's to making a mould...i.e. make sure it is the correct shape to the part it is matching up to...fail here by Alpha-N for the diffuser as can clearly be seen in the photos as it does NOT match the bumper contour. That is just a fact! No matter how much pushing & shoving it simply does not fit 100%. You can tell from their promo photos that all conveniently taken from flattering angles.

I wish BMW made a CF diffuser and a performance exhaust for the 1M, but I'm afraid that BMW has long forgotten the 1M wunderkind which it created.
I think the key is customer service and communication. Previous threads was made about how poor they can be.

Unfortunately, I think your problem is not the mould, but on the laying. Claiming they all come from the same mould is just an excuse and BS as they know very well, how you lay the fabric in the mould makes a bit difference in the outcome.

I haven't been really interested in non-functional CF parts (bar the Akra exhaust tips ), but that's why I still haven't bite the bullet on any functional body parts as the companies who knows what they are doing aren't really interested in the 1M.

If I am buying something off the shelf at the moment I would consider Revozport because of their TUV certification, but there is still no guarantee that it will be perfect. My mechanic put the revozport on another 1M and he said their workmanship is faultless. However, another BMW Club member's feedback is that the fitment is not perfect.

Even BMW CF parts are not perfect - numerous report that the laying is poor and crack develops and even reported that BMW was saying it is the "nature of the product" on some problems.
Appreciate 0