View Single Post
      03-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #381
kensington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by syenisch View Post
I'm on the fence on this, maybe some of you can help me decide. I got my 09 135i new 3 years ago almost to the day and have 38.5k miles clocked. So far other than recall work, the only thing fixed on my car was a blown fuse for the AC fans. It appears I "got a good one". I know things can change and change quickly, but given my car's track record thus far, it appears foolish to put down any money on an extended warranty. However, I know parts and labor on BMWs ain't cheap and can add up quickly. I was hoping some of you who have had moderate to major repairs could share what it would have cost you if you were out I warranty. For example if I found out it'd cost $2000 to replace a turbo, it'd be much easier to justify. Thanks, guys... Hope you all can help me make my decision!
Its still a gamble no matter what. I have researched this way before I picked mine up last week. I think a replaced turbo will be over $2000 from what I heard. My biggest fear is weird electronic issues. Another guy on here recently had AC issues and said they were going to have to pull the dash, which has got to be at least a 10+ hour job.

For me its insurance. I have the money to spend right now after selling my suv. 3 years from now who nows if I could afford a big repair bill. This warranty is from BMW, not a third party. Its transferrable and pro-rated should I decide to sell it.

Anyone sent in their key yet? Im going to do this next week.
Appreciate 0