TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine1er View Post
for those who got gloss black trim, do you find that it shows finger prints and dust a lot. I'm on the fence between it and the glacier aluminum trim. I like the way the gloss looks, but i don't want get all finger prints on it and then wish i got the glacier which would've looked neater. and i still like the glacier look as well. thanks.
I've got the high gloss black trim and don't see where it will be a problem (only had it for 2 days so I have no "long term" experience). The main piece on your dash shouldn't be getting finger prints anyway......who's gonna be sitting there touching the trim (and if they do let them wipe it off) I haven't noticed any prints on my door pulls which will be regularly touched, so they must not show very well, because I assume that they are there.
As far as dust......yes you are going to get dust on the trim, just as you would on any trim. I keep a microfiber cloth in my drivers door pocket on all my cars just for that reason. Other cars have wood trim which shows dust when sunlit just as any smooth surface will.
The aluminum trim will, no doubt, be better at hiding dust and prints, but it's not that big of a deal to keep the smooth trim looking good.
What trim color do you like better with the interior color? That's what you should be asking yourself.
Just my opinion, of course.
And FYI.........I absolutely love my gloss black trim. As mentioned in the first post on this thread, it's metallic. BUT you can only see the metallic properties in direct sunlight and the metallic is very very tiny speckles. In any other light it looks just black.
It's kinda like my SGM car color (and I hear like Sedona). Changes look in different lighting.........very cool effect.
Hope this helped with your thoughts.

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0