Thread: Coding Success!
View Single Post
      02-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #23
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Hey there, I've received 3 private messages this week by people about this.
Here is my feedback / updates

@ Salazar
- The cable needed is OBDII cable, and make sure it says "DCAN" in the description
-- see here for example click here

- for corner delete refer to this list: click here And try and find a setting which relates to what you want, and if you can't, try searching google for "ncs expert corner delete" and see if others may have specified which setting needs to be changed

- angel eye voltage output increase I have no idea how to do this one so can't comment

@ mineo77 (& also a note to everyone)
- I don't know where to start.. don't take offense to anything I say!!
- This is my advice for you & other people considering coding

- NEVER CODE WITH A WEAK CAR BATTERY, if your battery is weak, charge it / buy a new one. because if in the case of mineo77 theres a chance of it dying, it can mess things up if you're in the middle of coding the ecu

- Second, NEVER CODE WHILE THE CAR IS OFF-- This is again to make sure the battery doesnt die...

- NEVER RUSH INTO CODING
-- Always start cautiously
-- BACKUP THE MODULE FIRST
-- Change only ONE OR TWO options, then write back to ECU and test
-- DO NOT MAKE LOTS OF CHANGES ON YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT!!!!

-- READ THIS THREAD CAREFULLY specifically so you know all the information before you attempt anything

-- DO NOT attempt to disable the driver seatbelt gong
--- The reason for this has already been mentioned and is obvious, the setting is located in the Airbag module & some people think the setting MIGHT mean check for passenger and if thats turned off, the airbag might not deploy in accidents!!!!!!

-- can you check the manual & let us know what those error warning symbols explanation is

-- my opinion is it is either something to do with your low battery voltage -- Did you code it when the car was off? or on? ALWAYS code when the car is on

-- also, what Year / Model is your car

-- did you backup your module settings & restore those backups? or did you actually recode the values in the files back to what they originally were... ALWAYS backup the complete file first

-- the Software version shouldn't be a problem 3.1 i think it is, everyone uses it, so yea i think its something I've mentioned earlier..

@ aacabriolet
- click the link to the list I linked to earlier in this thread & see if you can find roof / remote closing from that list

-- to disable the errors related to the bulbs / LEDs thats EASY, and that is actually what I got success on mine, read my early post where I listed all the configuration values to disable go here

Hope this helps everyone, when I get a chance I will update the first post in this thread and make it more of a guide with information / links to read, but till then just follow what I posted

Last edited by fatjoez; 02-01-2011 at 03:00 AM..
Appreciate 0