02-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #35
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
@fatjoez - would this cable work? http://www.stopshop.co.za/1358-buy-v...cvfg-a09-.html

it says it has support for "Direct Can" which I assume is D-CAN? but do we need 16 pin or 20 pin connector?

Regarding Angel Eyes dimming, perhaps it's "DRL_DIMMUNG" ? - be careful
hey aacabriolet, not sure if it's 16 or 20pin, the only models listed on that page you linked are audis/vws so maybe its not the right one, but that said I thought OBDII was a Universal port so it probably will work if it has DCAN
Just email the seller and ask them if its compatible with your car year/model

regarding DRL_DIMMUNG - Google Translate is your best friend for this coding process, and DIMMUNG is german for DIMMING yes

@mineo77
- always code with the car on (the guy who I coded with told me this) to make sure the battery doesn't die on you, and when you know your batteries weak charge it up or buy a new one before coding

- it's really hard to say my friend, if you are sure you have reloaded all the modules you changed from backup files, and still you have these issues, then it is possible that the battery didn't last while you were coding.. just a guess!!!

- yes for 1series and some other ones, you must select the e89 chassis, which I believe is the new BMW Z4, because there is no E82/e88 (1series) chassis in the NCS expert versions on the internet and because E89 is similar and will work fine

- if you find the right cable it should cost somewhere between $50USD to $120USD on ebay or other sellers. This is not very expensive if you think about what possibilities you have with this software.

this is something I want to say to everyone. Everyone likes to say its very difficult and scary and risky procedure. The truth is, if you follow everyones advice about how to code safely and carefully, you should be fine, like me & many others!!

Here is a detailed guide on using NCS Expert
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1562077
BUT there is some setup required to get NCS Expert to work in the first place, I don't know the link off by heart so have to look around!
Appreciate 0