06-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #43
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Ok let me help you all clarify this.. because I think you guys are getting confused with what everyone is saying about "coding with your engine on"....

First off you do not code with your engine physically running.. when they say your engine has to be on this is what you do:

Put your key fob into the ignition hole.. press your start button once or twice I forgot without pressing down on the brake (auto) or brake and clutch (manual).. then you will turn on the car. Now you can code your car.

I've been coding for 1ers and some e90s for the past few months.. so I guess I can help answer any questions you guys have..
Thanks mate! Appreciate the response. SO just ignition on then, that is what i was looking for thanks

Going to try to enable the digital speedo on my car now.

I select E89 chassis right, and then change BC_DIGITAL_V to "aktiv" ? Then code the car in NCS Expert so it transfers the file over?

Hope it works! What if my KOMBI software (for example) is > the DATEN files for NCSExpert? Will I get errors then and my dash freak out like i've heard of?

EDIT: ok jumped the gun and did it and it works got the latest DATEN files so that probably helped.

Thanks

Last edited by aacabriolet; 06-25-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0