View Single Post
      02-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #29
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Just got back from driving the 135is convertible and 135i convertible back to back. And, surprisingly, I actually liked the 135i more. The exhaust note on the 135is was nice, but to be honest, I couldn't tell a difference in power between the two and I floored each at least 3 times during the test drive. And while the sound on the 135is was definitely nicer, it seemed like the exhaust pipes stuck out almost to the point where you could burn your leg if getting something out of the trunk -- almost looked like they stuck out too far and definitely further than the exhaust pipes on the 135i. I also felt the stiffer springs on the 135is, but it didn't seem to make anything more than a 5 or 10% difference going through the corners and it felt about 20 or 25% less comfortable over bumps in the road over the 135i.

What's funny is that I saw a really nice looking Z4is as I was leaving and it got me thinking that maybe I should of test drove that, too, since I'm really looking for a roadster. The biggest problem with the Z4 though (without having driving it yet) is that due to the new refresh, there aren't any allocations out there until April, I believe. So I guess they aren't making new Z4s for a couple of months? Which means I'd have to find one I like in inventory with a dealer, which might be impossible because I'm pretty specific and it would also have to be a dealer that agrees to my terms.
Appreciate 0