03-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #5
Mpro
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AW 1M & other BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
I think AMG is a frustration being the newest car among these and also with the highest output (on paper of course), state of the art engine in addition to its highest price.

1M comes third in acceleration but if you look closely it catches up well with the speeds climbing; it has the best overall in-gear flexibility and handling/lapping record, and second in braking after the AMG. Overall, it looks the sportiest and best all around car among those.

Plus, just put a set of fresh PSS on the stock car and it would do everything even better including getting neck to neck in acceleration with those auto/dct and launch control equipped cars.

We are not even talking about the "fun factor" yet, since that is the only rwd with a manual and lsd in that bunch.

Hope whoever designs/plans the future M2 reflects about this and similar reviews and comparos before going to the direction of 'what competition does'. They should just invest on what they (BMW M) already accomplished.
Amen to this!!

This 'fun factor' as you describe is for me the most important element in our 1M's and in any car.
For me a car needs to get under my skin.

The 1M in its own magical way does and leaves you wanting for more every single time you've driven her.
Appreciate 0