mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOTHANE View Post
Blanket statements border on fundamentalism, and those who blindly adhere to one camp fail to appreciate everything the automotive world has to offer. Keep your mind open and drive what makes you happy.
Well, thanks for the advice on keeping my mind "open", but I bought my first SMGII almost 8yrs before your first experience with owning a sequential gearbox. SMGII in my E46M3 for 3years, a SMGIII in an M6 for 6mos, a DCT for several months as well. First impressions is one thing but proper seat time for several years is necessary to make a more meaningful assessment. I would be interested in your opinion in a few years....sincerely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALOTHANE View Post
.....I did not prefer the DCT to 6MT. In fact, I have only driven MT's my entire life and love them. ......I only made the comparison to a rotary phone to be facetious.....
So you prefer the 6MT over DCT? I'm confused, you preferred it before you bought the DCT and now you are instantly converted or you just settled for something you did not prefer...? As far as the rotary phone analogy you used, you can right it off as being facetious but it's a totally inaccurate analogy and you can't see how that would comes across insulting, arrogant maybe even a bit ignorant?

I'm sure the '6MT=RotaryPhone' picture I just created will be used for good and evil now that it is out there. I will give you partial credit for the concept!