07-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantagesc View Post
Why not?
i would rather spend my money on the m3 front components than the sway, i felt like the stock sway was up to the task for my purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canasian View Post
*edit* Looks like this question is answered in an adjacent thread. It's Will@PRS. Am I correct in that PRS is performance race solutions? **

+1
I'm pretty sure I'll be doing the same stuff to my 1 when I buy it. This is a very interesting thread for me.
will had the best prices and best customer service of all vendors i talked to.

its a nice set of upgrades. i will say that the ride is firmer than i expected, but i live in a part of houston that has terrible roads. the suspension travel over wavy roads and bumps is totally fine though, no issues there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
I did the same upgrade with M3 arms and PS kit. The front sway that comes with PS kit is the same as E93 M-sport. In my case the entire contents of PS kit and springs were installed. Its a very good upgrade in terms of suspension stiffness. Its a bit firmer than I was expecting, but since the handling is so much improved I'm really pleased I had it done. On most decent roads you hardly notice any loss in ride quality, but on bad roads you certainly will notice that its less compliant. At least the car feels connected to the road, more like a sports car now, which it didn't before IMHO. The rear of the car feels much better controlled than before. The turn-in crispness has been totally transformed from stock. M3 arms and PS seem to compliment each other very well. I think this is a great upgrade for the 135i.
totally agre with your assessment. i too was surprised at how firm the car rides, but its nothing too bad.

i will probably not run re-11s again on the street next time thoguh, ill look into s04 or possibly PSS tires to smooth out the ride a bit.