06-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #17
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz26 View Post
Well you shouldn't buy as an investment but an indication is that Hexagon have a second hand car which looks about list. Also Pistonheads claim to have sold one above list. My dealer thinks if he gets his hands on one in 6 months it will still be around list- obviously the person trading will get less but not bad

So I agree 450 cars and rave reviews should ensure good secondhand values. Next one will be a M2 or 2M but that wont be before 2013/14. M3 will go out of production in 2012 and new M5 is £75K!

It's a great car and amazing it gets the right sort of attention from people who take photos or just come over in a filling station for a chat- they normally ask is it as good as the reviews say!! Answer yes!!!!
Rarity alone does not mean instant collector status. Look how many Yugos made it to the states....is it a collector car? On the other hand, 64-71 Mustangs were made by the millions and they are collectors cars...Beetles were made the world over by the billions and they are collectors cars? Low volume means very little in reality. What matters is if a car strikes a generation of people. If it brings back memories, etc. Pontiac G8 had low numbers and great reviews....gone! too many urban myths going on. Cars are not an investment especially 12-18 months out. If you are willing to lose the money for the thrill of having it, buy it. If not, lease it or get out. You asked for the opinion si that is my 2 cents worth. Congrats and good luck.
Appreciate 0