Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_128i View Post
my question is exhaust related.....this car is my everyday summer driver and i don't want a racey loud obnoxious exhaust, but i want to do something to open up the exhaust flow a bit. i've seen some threads about resonator delete and/or high-flow cats.
Welcome to the forum!
Your mod list is missing a Clutch stop, also from Burger- see their ebay store. It will pair nice with the clutch valve.

About exhaust. Popular mods on e9x is to delete the secondary cats. on 128i it is harder because of their location.

I think you will be happy with a Maganaflow exhaust- it changes the resonator into their own and saves weight.

To remove secondaries, i think the best bet is to adapt a 135i midpipe like the n55 or after market to fit 128i. Just use a 135i specific axle back and you are good. Check the classifieds for n55 midpipe, riss racing, maddad midpipe, Afe midpipe or AA tuning midpipe(?), and other used systems. The gain is 5 hp and 10 torque in my case for a custom exhaust that i bought second hand.

Otherwise I think Headers will be the next recommended item. about 20 hp, 20 tq, more with tune

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0