View Single Post
      02-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #34
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

The traffic feature will route you around the traffic - if possible - when it is reported on a road included on the current route.

Now, the nuvi 3790 has a feature called trafficTrends, which monitors road speeds of the roads you regularly travel on and therefore monitors relative traffic patterns. It uses this information to try and pick better roads for routes. This is independent of the information received from the traffic receiver, if so equipped. Also, this particular nuvi has a feature called myTrends. This monitors your destinations saved as favorites and the roads you use to get to them and will, over time "know" where you're going based on those regular destinations. It then will be able to give traffic information based on the roads you typically travel on to reach those favorites, as well as an ETA. I'm very curious about the myTrends feature. I'm hoping to see some information about my daily commute soon.