View Single Post
      06-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

I have to give that dealership, Steve Thomas BMW, recognition for dissuading me from buying the extended warranties they sell even though they obviously would be losing their profit from the sale in doing so.

I explained that I had just bought a used 1M with 26K miles on it, and intended to drive it a few thousand miles a year being as I have a number of other vehicles and it is basically a part of my "fun car" collection.

I spoke with Jim Martinez, referenced in the linked thread. When I told him my situation, his response was, "I can't take your money." He said that with my limited mileage driving intentions, the likelihood that I would come out on the extended warranty was around zero; he said the extended warranty would be a waste of my money. He said "we are a small family dealership and it would not be fair to charge you for this coverage that you are unlikely to use; don't buy it."

One doesn't hear this sort of thing very often, but when one does it deserves to be recognized. Thank you.
Appreciate 0