View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
J0E
Year One of the 1
Rep
Drives: 135i 6MT 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by amarti23 View Post
Yeah, I'm buying 17's for this winter. Hopefully It'll be enough, I've never driven in snow. What I'm really worried about is the cloth top convertible. I bought this car when in GA not thinking I'd end up in CO. Got a sweet job so had to make the move now I'm worried about the top.
Don't worry about it. I have owned convertibles since the day I moved here. Previous to this (135 convertible) I had a 330ci. Four Colorado winters, with frequent trips to the mountains to ski, and no issues whatsoever with the top. Just be sure brush snow off with a gloved hand rather than a stiff bristle brush and you will be good to go.

As far as traction is concerned, don't sweat it. The traction control on these cars is phenomenal. With a good set of snow tires I danced around FWD cars every winter and haven't missed a single day of work yet. The snow out here is over rated as well. Every year is different but typically the roads are completely covered in snow maybe 10-20 days of the year and when the sun comes out, it melts really fast. You will find yourself wishing you could swap in your summer tires half of the winter lol.

BTW, is your job downtown?
Appreciate 0