View Single Post
      08-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
TX135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe DCT

Throttle response problems

On four occasions this week, when trying to pull out into or across traffic, my car acts like it has no initial throttle response. So I push harder, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 pedal and it takes off like a bottle rocket. Took it in today for an oil change and to check this out, and of course they can't reproduce it. My car also had the stalling and fluctuating idle problem a few months back (still has fluctuating idle), and I was told at the time after bitching about it that the field rep said new S/W was being released in July to fix it. The same dumbass SA tells me today that there is no known S/W fix in work. I reminded him of the previous conversation and he acted like he had no idea. Pisses me off. But the reason for the post was to see if anyone was experiencing initial throttle response delays like this. Each time the car was warm, in sport mode (DCT) and from a dead stop. I actually felt a bit of panic because it was like there was no response at all, then boom! I love the car but this stupid crap and the dumbass SA are really getting to me!

Last edited by TX135i; 08-22-2012 at 09:40 PM..
Appreciate 0