View Single Post
      01-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #19
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

UPDATE

So finally good news (although I am bit suspicious about the fools at my local BMW dealer).
The good news is that they were finally able to get the diagnostic for my car via the OBD port. The bad news is that the turbos were the problem, they for some reason failed (my car has 12K kilometers).
The really good news is that my insurance company is extending the coverage of my initial collision, so they are covering the turbos!!
It was approved already so I am just waiting for the dealer to get them and have my baby M totally restored!
The only thing that bothers me is that I find it very suspicious that the bastards at the dealer took 3 weeks to "communicate with my car" and get the diagnostic for what we already knew was the problem: the turbos. And not only that, this happened almost magically and out of the blue only when the insurance company said they would cover it, but before when it was supposed to be a warranty claim to BMW, they (for reasons unknown to them or me) could not get the diagnostic from my car to process the warranty claim...I hate them!!
So now I just have to wait for them to get the parts imported and get my car rolling. What sort of break-in period do you guys think is necessary for my new turbos?!?