09-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #1582
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Still OT, the salesmen also tried to tell me that the Z4 will outhandle a Porsche easily... Didn't even say which Porsche, he said any! Said he was at a track day with the Z4 and a 911, and the customers were saying they were better in the Z4.

Nothing more I hate than a salesmen being massively biased. Said it a few times that the Z4 was the much better car. Cheaper yes, more powerful yes, but better handling?!

And one more thing, all the 35i models apparently come with DCT correct? If this is so, why is DCT an option? If there is no other gearbox available, then it isn't an option and we shouldn't be charged for it!
OT - I agree about salesmen being incredibly biased. I think that's an inherent trait of any salesman at any dealership I've been to. I've heard some pretty wild stories and that's why I take any advice from any salesman very lightly and do my own independent research. Everyone seems to rate their own product more than anything else these days. I think the Z4sdrive35is version would put up a better fight against a Cayman S. Even if it was it wouldn't be by much anyway. Having said that I haven't actually driven the "is" variant yet or a Cayman but everyone speaks of them very highly.

I'm not too sure about the new Z4 coming with no DCT option. I thought it was standard too
Appreciate 0